Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Boddhicitta: The Opening

...Of course there have been innumerable teachings on Boddhicitta. In particular by HH The Dalai Lama. Every teacher that I have heard has taught extensively on this subject. But His Holiness the Dalai Lama has struck me with his teachings and by his daily life as the embodiment of compassion. I received beautiful teachings on the subject by HH Chetsang Rinpoche and Khenpo Konchog Gyaltsen, and took the Bodhisattva vows during those teachings. Of course my main personal experience has been through those Lamas with whom I have had the most direct contact, in particular Lama Tharchin Rinpoche. However the most clear experience of the awakening of Bodhicitta within myself happened during teachings on the subject by Garchen Rinpoche. It was the first time that I ever met or heard him. I attended his teachings and during his teachings, I had a vision of a lotus opening within my own heart, and on the lotus a nine faceted jewel with one top facet and 8 facets around the top edge and drawing to a point at the bottom. On each of the eight facets was a manifestation of Guru Rinpoche and on the top facet was Milarepa. Because of this vision and deep feeling, I asked Garchen Rinpoche to give me advice on practicing Milarepa Guru Yoga. He asked if I had ever had the Mliarepa empowerment, and when I replied that I had not, he gave a spontaneous empowerment (for a few hours) to the entire sangha. Although I do not perform the Milarepa Practice daily, the awakening of Bodhicitta within my heart has never faded, and arises often in the practices I do from my main lineage (Dujom Tersar). Each year I see Garchen Rinpoche return to my home sangha, and I see how his compassion opens up the hearts of each practitioner.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home